Thursday, October 2, 2008

Very truly run after...



like Old Man Kangaroo, if anybody out there still reads Just So Stories.




I am pondering an invitation from the Mothers-in-Zion of the Diocese Just North Of Us, to come and address "the annual" next spring; three or four talks over a Friday night and Saturday, plus preaching in their cathedral on Sunday morning. Dates to be chosen in consultation with my schedule...time to block in the RGBP BE and the Festival of Homies, "just in case." I expect I'll say yes...not a clue what to address them about!!

And this morning a representative of JASNA*, local chapter, bounced into my office to remind me, "You said you might be able to come and talk to us again about Jane Austen's clergy???" That date is set for late February, a Saturday afternoon.
*Jane Austen Society of North America

3 comments:

Auntie Knickers said...

Wish I could hear the talk on Jane Austen's clergy! As time's winged chariot seems always at my back, there are few books I re-read -- but I've been reading Austen for 50 years now and hope never to stop.

Crimson Rambler said...

and you know, auntie, that there are jokes there that are ONLY VISIBLE after one is ordained...

Kathryn said...

Up jumped Nkong from his bath in the salt pan...
Sometimes I could just SCREAM at the Atlantic. I want to meet you. Now.
And talk Austen and Kipling and all sorts of lovelinesses in between :-)